About Me

My name is Heather Klein and I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am working on a degree in Elementary Education and I have about 2 years left. I hope to become a first grade teacher and then work on my Masters degree. I cannot wait to start teaching!!!! I am caring, determined, and enjoy helping children. This is why I think I will be a great teacher.
pink;">My Teaching Philosophy

Compassion

My first value is compassion and my personal definition for it is when I treat my students as if they were my own children. What I mean by this is that when a student comes up to me and has a problem or an issue with something, I will not just ignore the child. It will be as if he or she were my own child in front of me asking for my help or coming to me with a concern. I think that this value will help when a child has something serious occur to them and they are afraid to tell anyone else. They will be able to come to me and talk about the situation because they know how compassionate I am and they know that I care and I will listen to what they have to say. I understand that I cannot have too much compassion, to the point where the children start to take advantage of the situation and just want to talk to me about their problems all the time, because it will start to interfere with their class work.